Through this course, participants will gain a basic understanding of fire response planning, fire prevention, the chemistry of fire and the proper actions to take upon discovering a fire. Participants will also learn to identify the different types of fire and correctly select and use the proper fire extinguishers for each. This course includes embedded video, interactive learning exercises and a final exam.
Fire Extinguisher Training
- Understanding fire response planning
- Fire prevention
- Components of the fire triangle/fire tetrahedron and the principles of fire extinguishment
- Types of fire extinguishers
- Fire classifications and selection of appropriate portable fire extinguishers
- Identify the components and operating principles of a portable fire extinguisher
- Fire extinguisher inspections
- PASS Principle
- Initial procedures and safety practices
- When it is safe to fight a fire
- Extinguish a fire using an approved simulator
- Knowledge testing, including a written exam.