Workers required to perform Fire Watch must be trained and competent in their responsibilities and in the proper use, care and maintenance of equipment they are required to operate. The purpose of this course is to ensure that workers are trained in theory and in practical exercises to demonstrate a basic level of knowledge and proficiency while performing Fire Watch duties and in the use of extinguishing equipment. This course includes a practical exercise in which participants will extinguish a fire using an approved simulator.
OSSA Fire Watch
- Legislation & standards pertaining to fire hazards
- Fire Watch planning
- Types of Extinguishers, Agents, and Classification
- Types of Fires, Classifications, and behaviors
- Operation of Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Watch Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge testing, including a written exam.
- Practical test, where participants must extinguish a fire using an approved simulator.