Delivered by Hertz Equipment Rental
Skid Steer Training
- Discuss how weight distribution affects skid-steer loader steering and stability.
- Explain the difference between tipping load and rated operating capacity.
- Have an understanding of the hydrostatic transmission and that the loader will react the moment the steer levers are moved.
- Why maintenance is an important factor for safe, efficient, and productive operation.
- Identify the controls and their functions.
- Explain the steps for safe entry and exit.
- Explain the reasons for changing attachments and the use of the “Quick-Tach system”.
- Know the fundamentals of safe and efficient maneuvering, traveling, and working with the attachment.
- Knowledge testing, including a written exam.
- Practical test, where participants must demonstrate the use of equipment.
- Government-issued photo identification
- Steel-toed boots