WHMIS 2015 Training
WHMIS Training Course Description:
Do you work in a field that handles hazardous products? WHMIS 2015 online course is designed to educate participants on the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS). WHMIS is Canada’s nation-wide hazard communication standard. It works to prevent injuries and diseases caused by the improper storage of hazardous workplace chemical products.
This WHMIS course will instruct participants on common hazards and the safe use and storage of hazardous products in the workplace. By completing the course, you will have a better understanding of what hazardous products you may be exposed to at work, how to look for the hazardous information on products, how to protect yourself, as well as what you should do if an incident involving hazardous materials occurs.
Who should take WHMIS 2015?
Anyone that is working around or handling potentially hazardous materials or products should get their WHMIS certification.
- Hazards (physical and health-related)
- Appropriate precautionary measures that should be taken to protect you
- The appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) that should be worn
- Hazard classifications for WHMIS 2015
- Understanding WHMIS labels
- Understanding WHMIS 2015 pictograms and symbols
- Safety data sheets
- Rights and responsibilities of workers and employers
Once you have successfully completed the course, you will be able to download and print your WHMIS certification immediately. A passing mark for this course is 70% or higher. You will be able to repeat the course up to two (2) times.