Advantage Learning Solutions (Leavitt Training) is a Suncor Energy approved provider for Air Purifying Respirators (APRs).
Air Purifying Respirator (APR) is a classroom based course that provides information and practical training for the effective care, use and inspections of an Air Purifying Respirator. This course is included in the full Respiratory Protective Equipment training course.
- Hazard Awareness
- How to perform pre-use inspections and cleaning
- How to correctly don the APR
- How to correctly perform seal check
- Awareness of APR limitations
- When to replace APR canisters and filters
- Knowledge testing, including a written exam.
- Practical test, participants must demonstrate the use of equipment throughout the course
APR Training Questions & Answers
What is an APR?
An Air Purifying Respirator (APR) is a common type of RPE. It contains an air purifying filter, cartridge, or canister that can remove particular air contaminants.
Is it possible to take the APR and RPE course on the same day?
Yes, since the APR course is included as a portion of the Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) course, if you sign up for the RPE course, you will be trained and certified for both.
Do I need both APR & RPE certification or one or the other?
Different work sites will require different certifications. To find out which certification you need, please consult with your employer.
How long will the APR training course be?
Advantage Learning Solutions Air Purifying Respirator (APR) Training will take 1 hour.
How long does an APR certification last?