Fire Extinguisher Training Description:
When used properly, fire extinguishers have the ability to extinguish small fires and, in the process, save lives. This basic fire prevention course is designed for individuals who may need to operate a fire extinguisher or for organizations where a fire extinguisher may need to be utilized. This fire extinguisher certification course only covers first stage (incipient) fires.
Through this course, participants will gain a basic understanding of fire response planning, fire prevention, the chemistry of fire and the proper actions to take upon discovering a fire. Participants will also learn to identify the different types of fire and correctly select and use the proper fire extinguishers for each. This course includes embedded video, interactive learning exercises and a final exam.
Knowledge testing, including a written exam
- Understanding fire response planning
- Fire prevention
- Components of the fire triangle/fire tetrahedron and the principles of fire extinguishment
- Types of fire extinguishers
- Fire classifications
- Appropriate portable fire extinguishers
- Identify the components and operating principles of a portable fire extinguisher
- Fire extinguisher inspections.
- PASS Principle
- Initial procedures and safety practices
- Extinguish a fire using an approved simulator