RPE Training Course Description:
Anyone who wears respiratory protective equipment, such as self-contained breathing apparatus,’ must be certified in its proper use, limitations, and uses.
Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) Training is a classroom-based course. It provides information and practical training for the effective care, use and inspections of respiratory protective equipment.
Participants will be trained in using the following types of RPE equipment:
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
- Remote Supplied Breathing Apparatus
The course is comprised of theory and practical components. Participants are instructed on proper and safe techniques for wearing and maintaining their RPE. Contact Advantage Learning Solutions to find the best training option for you. We offer onsite training for your staff or personal in-class training.
- Hazard Awareness
- Choosing the appropriate RPE for a given situation
- Performing Pre-use Inspections
- Donning and Doffing Air Purifying Respirator (North 7700 Half Mask)
- Donning and Doffing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (Scott 2.2.)
- Donning and Doffing Remote Supplied Breathing Apparatus (Scott SKA-PAK)
Knowledge testing, including a written exam and a practical test. Participants must demonstrate the use of their respiratory protective equipment.
Air Purifying Respirator (APR) training can be taken in combination with this session however it requires a separate registration. If you need both courses, please mention this at the time of booking.