Skid Steer Operator Training Certification Description:
A skid steer, or skid steer loader, is an adaptable machine that can be used for a wide range of applications and industries. Due to its versatile nature, it is important to make certain that you and your staff are well-versed in how to safely operate a skid steer.
Skid steer safety training and certification is offered at Advantage Learning Solutions for operators of all skill-levels, from a novice to someone in need of recertification. During this course, students will gain a solid understanding of maintenance protocols, best practices in operation of a skid steer, and the safety requirements involved in the operation of a skid steer.
Skid Steer Training is comprised of an audiovisual interactive presentation, group discussions, and practical demonstrations.
Knowledge testing that includes a written exam component and a practical exercise where participants must demonstrate their knowledge and use of a skid steer.
- Discuss how weight distribution affects skid steer loader steering and stability
- Note the difference between tipping load and rated operating capacity
- Understand what a hydrostatic transmission is and that the skid steer will react the moment the steer levers are moved
- Understand the importance of maintenance
- Identify the controls and functions of a skid steer
- Safe entry and exit
- Explanation of the reasons for changing attachments (applications and uses)
- Understand the fundamentals of safe and efficient maneuvering, traveling, and working with an attachment.