Fall Protection Training Course | Edmonton | Fort McMurray
Fall Arrest Course Description:
Advantage Learning Solutions Fall Protection, or Fall Arrest Training, is an Energy Safety Canada (ESC) course that has taken the place of OSSA Fall Protection Training. It has been designed to address the fall safety needs for industrial and commercial workers in the province of Alberta.
The ESC Fall Protection Program ensures that students understand fall arrest safety principles and how they apply to real work environments. By the end of this course participants will know how to use fall protection equipment correctly. They will also understand that fall protection must always be used.
Who is Fall Protection Training for?
Fall Arrest training is for anyone that works in a field where they operate from a height that could result in serious injury and where the use of fall protection equipment is necessary.
Interested in learning about how to properly inspect your fall protection gear at work? Check out our Fall Protection Equipment Inspection course.
- Current legislation and Regional Code of Practice
- Fall Protection fundamentals
- Fall hazard identification and elimination
- Personal travel restraint and fall arrest systems
- Fall distance calculations
- Fall protection equipment specifications, limitations, care, and inspection
- Fall protection planning
- Rescue planning and preparedness
- Controlled weight transfer exercise
There will be knowledge testing throughout the course which will include a written exam. Participants will also have a practical test where they must demonstrate an understanding of fall protection components. Participants will wear, correctly adjust a harness, and participate in a controlled weight transfer.