Fire Watch Course Description:
Advantage Learning Solutions Fire Watch Training is an Energy Safety Canada (ESC) course that teaches participants a basic level of knowledge and proficiency while performing fire watch duties and in the use of extinguishing equipment.
The purpose of Fire Watch Training is to ensure that workers are trained in theory and in the practical exercises of fire safety training. Workers required to perform fire watch must be trained and competent in their responsibilities and in the proper use, care, and maintenance of equipment they are required to operate.
Who should take Fire Watch Training?
Anyone who is responsible for fire watch/spark watch or working in a field where fire watch is necessary.
- Legislation & standards pertaining to fire hazards
- Fire Watch planning
- Types of extinguishers, agents, and classification
- Types of fires, classifications, and behaviors
- Operation of fire extinguishers
- Fire Watch duties and responsibilities
There will be a practical test where participants demonstrate their ability to extinguish a fire using an approved simulator.